8th Annual Hemp History Week
A Brief Hemp History Timeline
- Archeological finds dating back almost 12,00 years show cloth products that are made with hemp fibers
- Many of the canvasses used by Renaissance painters were made on hemp-based canvass
- Hemp was a major crop grown by the Founding Fathers of the United States because it was pest resistant and versatile.
- The Diesel Engine was first designed to run off of hemp seed oil
- Today hemp can be used in everything from electronics to paper products
Sadly, due to the confusion by the public and government officials that industrial hemp is the same plant as marijuana, many of the uses for industrial hemp are overlooked.
Hemp History Week – An Educational Tool
During Hemp History Week a large variety of educators, scientists, researchers, and other supporters will come forward and teach the public about the benefits and uses of industrial hemp. During Hemp history Week Whole Foods natural grocery store even runs specials on hemp based products in an effort to educate the public about the benefits of this plant.
Some of the topics that will be addressed during industrial hemp history week include:
- Hemp history timeline
- Uses for hemp in the building materials industry
- Industrial hemp uses in the clothing and textile industries
- Hemp uses as a food source
- Vitamin and nutritional benefits of hemp
- CBD oil and its many uses
- Industrial hemp farming and its benefits
Other issues that will be addressed will include:
- The differences between industrial hemp and marijuana
- The issues industrial hemp farmers face in trying to find good stock
- Problems with federal laws classifying industrial hemp as a narcotic
A Quick Look At Nutritional And Health Benefits
Industrial hemp history has shown that hemp has been used as a food product for thousands of years. Even now, hemp seeds and CBD oils are dominating the market in natural grocery stores and health food shops because of their many benefits.
Hemp seed contains Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. These are heart-healthy acids that can help reduce bad cholesterol and improve blood circulation naturally. Hemp seeds are also very high in fiber. This high fiber content helps keep your system cleansed.
Understanding these health benefits will be a large portion of the Hemp History week presentations given by different scientists and researchers.
The Importance Of Hemp History Week
One of the most significant parts of hemp history week is educating the public on the many uses of hemp. Hemp has been used in almost every industry throughout history and continues to be a large part of many industries today. However, due to its classification under the Drug Enforcement Agency, a majority of the industrial hemp used in industries in the United States today is imported from places like Canada and Europe.
There is no logical reason that farmers in the United States cannot grow and manage hemp crops. Industrial hemp does not contain any significant amounts of THC, so the nutritional options for anyone wishing to improve their health, and create more crops could not be used for illegal purposes. This sustainable crop could help provide many industries with a way to make eco-friendly products, provide more farming and processing jobs in the United Sates for the crops once they have been grown. Every aspect of hemp growing has a positive outcome.
CBD Info Sources Summarized by Planet CBDs Staff Writers. Sources: